Southdowns are commissioned by SCS (Skanska Costain Strabag) JV to manage the WP032.1 Noise and Vibration Monitoring works package.
The scope of the works package includes:
· on-going maintenance of noise and vibration monitors including quarterly field calibrations and biennial laboratory calibrations;
· supply and installation of new noise and vibration monitors;
· remote download of all N&V data and provision of advice and recommendations when a trigger alert occurs;
· weekly and monthly monitoring reports to cover all noise & vibration monitors;
· provision of a 3rd party web based software system to host both the noise and vibration monitors in one platform;
· attended noise and vibration surveys and reports;
· assisting with consultation with Stakeholders and Statutory Undertakers including the Environmental Health Officers and Heritage Specialists and liaison to demonstrate compliance to consent conditions and Environmental Minimum Standards.
Ongoing support includes:
· a review of site specific compliance with the Environmental Minimum Requirements;
· Section 61 consent application noise calculations;
· operational assessments required to comply with Environment Agency permitting requirements for static equipment;
· independent Section 61 consent application assurance studies; and
· On-site noise monitoring and consultancy advice in response to stakeholder complaints.
Southdowns is responsible for the installation and maintenance of noise and vibration monitoring systems for S1 and S2; and the preparation of monthly noise and vibration monitoring reports in accordance with HS2 standards and protocols for each local authority.
Noise and vibration monitoring stations comprise of on and off-site locations utilising power from street furniture, onsite supplies, battery and photo voltaic panels. Measurement systems are deployed strategically to protect both sensitive stakeholder noise and vibration levels but also the protection of infra-structure assets such as sub stations.
There are 11 main sites making up the S1, Euston Tunnel and approaches and S2 Colne Valley/Northolt Tunnels, with some main sites comprising multiple sub-sites. Site locations follow the trace indicated above from Euston Station to West Ruislip.
We have completed multiple modelling exercises on behalf of SCS JV using SoundPLAN and CADNA A modelling software, including investigation into mitigation measures and analysis of the performance of the measures.
We are responsible for the monitoring of groundborne noise and vibration on the surface and within overlying buildings during the sub-surface tunnelling activities in the Northolt Tunnels, including the use of 2 no. TBMs and works associated with cross passage construction.