Noise, dust and other emissions generated during the construction and operation of Recycling and Waste Management (RWM) facilities can cause disturbance and loss of amenity when located in the vicinity of residential areas and other noise sensitive resources.
Regulatory authorities and operators of RWM facilities must ensure, therefore, that the requirements of relevant legislation and guidance are complied with and that reasonable measures are used to minimise any impacts as part of the environmental management of existing sites and proposals for new development.
The Environmental Permitting Programme (EPP) initiative has created a unified permitting and compliance system for Waste Management Licensing and Pollution Prevention and Control throughout England and Wales. Specialist noise, vibration and emissions advice is required for the successful implementation and operation of sites to ensure that medium and high-risk operations do not jeopardise the local environment and human health.
Southdowns has an established track record of work experience in the field of noise, vibration, dust and other emissions assessments for Recycling and Waste Management facilities, including:
- Energy from Waste facilities
- Combined Heat and Power facilities
- Waste Transfer Stations
Practical advice and services of relevance provided by Southdowns to the RWM sectors
- Noise, vibration and dust risk assessments;
- baseline surveys including remote continuous monitoring, analyses and preparation of regular reports;
- advice on ‘best practicable means’ and BAT for mitigation;
- calculation, evaluation and mitigation of construction noise, vibration and dust impacts;
- measurement and desktop computerised modelling of noise, vibration and air quality dispersion propagation between source and sensitive receiver(s);
- specialist input to environmental statements;
- preparation of technical reports;
- technical liaison with regulatory authorities and other public consultation;
- presentation of technical evidence and expert witness testimony;
- preparation of management procedures and code of construction practices;
- audit and compliance monitoring;
- expert witness and testimony.
Follow this link to view projects for: Minerals Extraction and Waste Management