We are looking to recruit a Senior Air Quality Consultant with five years or more experience of relevant work on dust and air quality assessment, monitoring and management, following the merger of Southdowns Environmental Consultants Ltd with the RWDI global group of companies earlier this year.
Established in 1996, Southdowns Environmental Consultants Ltd is recognised as one of the UK’s leading firms of environmental consultants with specialist interests in the fields of acoustics, noise, vibration, dust, odour and air quality assessments. The company has this year joined the RWDI Group of companies with global interests in the provision of similar services and other complementary disciplines in the fields of building performance, climate engineering and environmental engineering.
We have a diverse portfolio of projects in both the public and private sectors and a successful record of project delivery in the UK and overseas, built on its staff commitment and expertise, collaborative working, innovation and our commitment to client service. Further information on our capability and experiences is available on our website.
We are looking for motivated, reliable and conscientious individuals with a good work ethic, excellent communication skills, and solid work experience in air quality in the construction, transportation, property, industrial, and commercial sectors.
Relevant qualifications include a degree in Air Quality, or Environment Science. Full membership of the IAQM is also an essential pre-requisite.
Candidates should be resilient and able to manage projects, assist in the development of business and client relationships, work in collaboration with other colleagues on multi-disciplinary project, provide support to other stakeholders and to deliver projects in accordance with agreed timescales and resources.
You should have an excellent working knowledge of Microsoft Word and Excel, be used to working in a fast-paced environment and have a strong attention to detail.
Successful applicants will play a key role in the delivery of technical services across our core sectors of work, including: construction environmental management; indoor/outdoor surveys; emission calculations; dispersion modelling; geographical information systems (GIS), environmental impact assessments; detailed design and mitigation. You will also assist with the mentoring of junior staff, company business development and the preparation of fee proposals.
Essential Skills and Experience include:
- good practical, verbal/written communication, IT, numerical proficiency, and problem solving skills;
- good understanding of LAQM , UK planning and legislation;
- analysing data using spreadsheets and GIS mapping tools;
- excellent experience in dispersion modelling including ADMS 5, ADMS-Roads, Aermod etc.;
- knowledge of Environmental Impact Assessment and Environmental Permitting;
- commitment to excellent customer service;
- ability to build rapport with company stakeholders;
- diligence with strong attention to detail in all areas of work;
- excellent time management skills; and
- a full, clean UK driving licence.
Office working location: Camden, London.
Southdowns is an equal opportunities employer offering a comprehensive remuneration and benefits package and a commitment to ongoing CPD through our training and mentoring schemes.
- competitive remuneration which reflects previous training and experience;
- annual bonus based on individual and company performance;
- Private Medical Insurance and Healthcare on completion of probationary period;
- Private Pension;
- Life Assurance;
- Cycle to Work Scheme; and
- Flexible Working Hours.
Please apply with a copy of your CV and covering message in the first instance to our HR manager Nicola Methold firstname.lastname@example.org.
Closing Date: 31st October 2022