Stefan is a Senior Acoustic Consultant having joined Southdowns’ London office in 2021. He brings with him over six years’ experience in acoustic consultancy having specialised in noise control engineering and design primarily for the construction and mechanical services business sectors. He holds a BEng (Hons) degree in Acoustical Engineering from the Institute of Sound and Vibration Research (ISVR) at the University of Southampton and full membership of the Institute of Acoustics (MIOA).
Stefan’s experience includes the management of all acoustical aspects of a project typically from concept stage through to bespoke design, fabrication, and commissioning. To achieve this, a multidisciplinary approach has been required to ensure that not only acoustic and vibration requirements are met but also that structural, architectural, financial, and aerodynamic constraints are considered.
He has recently been involved in HS2 project managing the consents on the C2/C3 section of the route. Using BS 5228 he has authored and overseen many reports for noise and vibration generated by construction, as well as participated in pre-application meetings and developed mitigation strategies.
His areas of expertise include:
- BS 4142 Noise Impact Assessments,
- BS 8233 internal noise assessments for existing and proposed developments,
- acoustic privacy ratings and assessment of multicellular offices,
- IEMA noise assessments,
- Approved Document E Assessments for internal partitioning, specification and build-up,
- BB93 Acoustic Design of Schools,
- CIBSE Noise and Vibration Control for Building Services Systems,
- Health Technical Memorandum 08 Acoustic Design of Hospitals,
- Health and Safety Executive (HSE) ‘The Control of Noise at Work Regulations’,
- BREEAM Pol05 & Hea05, and
- BS5228 Construction Noise Assessments
Stefan has working experience with the following acoustic modelling software:
- dB Trait,
- Noise Explorer Type 7815, and
- BZ-5503 Measurement Partner Suite.