Southdowns Environmental Consultants Ltd. understands that your privacy is important to you and that you care about how your information is used and shared online. We respect and
value the privacy of everyone who visits Our Site and will only collect and use information in ways that are useful to you and in a manner consistent with your rights and Our obligations
under the law.
B) DEFINITIONS AND INTERPRETATION
In this Policy the following terms shall have the following meanings:
“Account” means an account required to access and/or use certain areas and features of Our Site;
“Cookie” means a small text file placed on your computer or device by Our Site when you visit certain parts of Our
Site and/or when you use certain features of Our Site. Details of the Cookies used by Our Site are set out in section M, below;
“Our Site” means this website, www.southdowns.eu.com
“UK and EU Cookie Law” means the relevant parts of the Privacy and Electronic Communications (EC Directive) Regulations 2003 as amended in 2004, 2011 and 2015; and
“We/Us/Our” Means Southdowns Environmental Consultants Ltd., a limited company registered in England under 3150111 whose registered address is Suite A3, 16 Station Street, Lewes, East Sussex, BN7 2DB.
C) INFORMATION ABOUT US
Our Site, www.southdowns.eu.com, is owned and operated by Southdowns Environmental Consultants Ltd. Southdowns Environmental Consultants Ltd is, a limited company registered in England under 3150111, whose registered address is Suite A3, 16 Station Street, Lewes, East Sussex, BN7 2DB. Our VAT number is 673 947486.
D) SCOPE OF POLICY
E) WHAT DATA DO WE COLLECT?
- First and Last Names;
- Organisation Name; and
- Contact information such as email addresses, postal address and telephone numbers.
Depending upon your use of Our Site, We may through our use of third party analytical systems collect some or all of the following data:
- Organisation Name;
- IP address (automatically collected);
- web browser type and version (automatically collected);
- operating system (automatically collected);
- a list of URLs starting with a referring site, your activity on Our Site, and the site you exit to (automatically collected);
F) HOW DO WE USE YOUR DATA?
All personal data is stored securely in accordance with the EU General Data Protection Regulation (Regulation (EU) 2016/679) (GDPR). For more details on security see section G, below. We use your data to provide the best possible products and services to you. This includes:
- Supplying Our products and services to you;
- Responding to communications from you; and
- Supplying you with email e.g. newsletters, alerts etc. that you have subscribed to (you may unsubscribe or opt-out at any time by using either the embedded links in any message or by emailing directly to email@example.com at any time).
Analysing your use of Our Site to enable Us to continually improve Our Site and your user experience. In some cases, the collection of data may be a statutory or contractual requirement, and We will be limited in the products and services We can provide you without your consent for Us to be able to use such data;
With your permission and/or where permitted by law, We may also use your data for marketing purposes which may include contacting you by email with information and news on Our products and services. We will not, however, send you any unsolicited marketing or spam and will take all reasonable steps to ensure that We fully protect your rights and comply with Our obligations under the GDPR and the Privacy and Electronic Communications (EC Directive) Regulations 2003, as amended in 2004, 2011 and 2015. Under GDPR we will ensure that your personal data is processed lawfully, fairly, and transparently, without adversely affecting your rights. We will only process your personal data if at least one of the following basis applies
- you have given consent to the processing of your personal data for one or more specific purposes;
- processing is necessary for the performance of a contract to which you are a party or in order to take steps at the request of you prior to entering into a contract;
- processing is necessary for compliance with a legal obligation to which we are subject;
- processing is necessary to protect the vital interests of you or of another natural person;
- processing is necessary for the performance of a task carried out in the public interest or in the exercise of official authority vested in the controller; and/or
- processing is necessary for the purposes of the legitimate interests pursued by us or by a third party, except where such interests are overridden by the fundamental rights and freedoms of the data subject which require protection of personal data, in particular where the data subject is a child.
G) HOW AND WHERE WE STORE YOUR DATA
We only keep your data for as long as We need to in order to use it as described above, and/or for as long as We have your permission to keep it. In any event, We will conduct regular reviews (at least every 6 months) to ascertain whether we need to keep your data. Your data will be deleted if we no longer need it in accordance with the terms of our Data Retention Policy. Our Data Retention Policies are:
- We will normally delete data not used after six years unless it is financial data which is held for seven years, or if a written agreement has been arranged on the requirement of a client.
- Some or all of your data may be stored or transferred outside of the European Economic Area (“the EEA”) (The EEA consists of all EU member states, plus Norway, Iceland and Liechtenstein). You are deemed to accept and agree to this by using Our Site and submitting information to Us. If We do store or transfer data outside the EEA, We will take all reasonable steps to ensure that your data is treated as safely and securely as it would be within the EEA and under the GDPR. Such steps may include, but not be limited to, the use of legally binding contractual terms between Us and any third parties We engage and the use of the EU-approved Model Contractual Arrangements.
Data security is of great importance to Us, and to protect your data We have put in place suitable physical, electronic and managerial procedures to safeguard and secure data collected through Our Site. Steps We take to secure and protect your data include:
- all computer systems, including both hardware and software are password protected. In the case of transportable devices, all devices are encrypted;
- enforcement of Communications, Data Breach and Privacy Policies by all staff; and
- data is not sold or used by third parties for marketing or advertisement purposes.
Notwithstanding the security measures that We take, it is important to remember that the transmission of data via the internet may not be completely secure and that you are advised to take suitable precautions when transmitting to Us data via the internet.
H) HOW DO WE SHARE YOUR DATA?
We may contract with third parties to supply products and services to you on Our behalf. These may include invoice and payment processing, delivery of goods, search engine facilities, advertising and marketing and the use of sub-contracted organisations in our field of expertise. In some cases, the third parties may require access to some or all of your data. Where any of your data is required for such a purpose, We will take all reasonable steps to ensure that your data will be handled safely, securely, and in accordance with your rights, Our obligations, and the obligations of the third party under the law. Until confirmed as a client or supplier personal data are not shared with third parties.
We may compile statistics about the use of Our Site including data on traffic, usage patterns, user numbers, sales and other information.
In certain circumstances We may be legally required to share certain data held by Us, which may include your personal information, for example, where We are involved in legal proceedings, where We are complying with the requirements of legislation, a court order, or a governmental authority. We do not require any further consent from you in order to share your data in such circumstances and will comply as required with any legally binding request that is made of Us.
I) WHAT HAPPENS IF OUR BUSINESS CHANGES HANDS?
In the event that any of your data is to be transferred in such a manner, you will be contacted in advance and informed of the changes. When contacted you will be given the choice to have your data deleted or withheld from the new owner.
J) HOW CAN YOU CONTROL YOUR DATA?
When you submit information via Our Site, you may be given options to restrict Our use of your data. We aim to give you strong controls on Our use of your data (including the ability to opt-out of receiving emails from Us which you may do by using embedded unsubscribe links (where these are included in the relevant email) or by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org directly.
K) YOUR RIGHT TO WITHHOLD INFORMATION AND YOUR RIGHT TO WITHDRAW INFORMATION AFTER YOU HAVE GIVEN IT
You may access Our Site without providing any data at all. However, to use all features and functions available on Our Site you may be required to submit or allow for the collection of certain data.
You may withdraw your consent for Us to use your personal data at any time by contacting Us using the details set out in section P, and We will delete Your data from Our systems. However, you acknowledge this may limit Our ability to provide the best possible products and services to you.
L) HOW CAN YOU ACCESS YOUR DATA?
You have the legal right to ask for a copy of any of your personal data held by Us (where such data is held). Please contact Us for more details at email@example.com.
M) WHAT COOKIES DO WE USE AND WHAT FOR?
Before Cookies are placed on your computer or device, you will be shown a Cookie Consent Banner requesting your consent to set those Cookies. By giving your consent to the placing of Cookies you are enabling Us to provide the best possible experience and service to you. You may, if you wish, deny consent to the placing of Cookies; however certain features of Our Site may not function fully or as intended. You will be given the opportunity to allow only first party Cookies and block third party Cookies.
Our Site uses web-site analytics which are a set of tools used to collect and analyse usage statistics, enabling Us to better understand how people use Our Site. This, in turn, enables Us to improve Our Site and the products and services offered through it. You do not have to allow Us to use these Cookies, as detailed below, however whilst Our use of them does not pose any risk to your privacy or your safe use of Our Site, it does enable Us to continually improve Our Site, making it a better and more useful experience for you.
The analytics service(s) used by Our Site use(s) Cookies to gather the required information. Certain of these Cookies may be placed immediately when you first visit Our Site and it may not be possible for Us to obtain your prior consent. You may remove these Cookies and prevent future use of them by following the steps set out below.
You can choose to enable or disable Cookies in your internet browser. Most internet browsers also enable you to choose whether you wish to disable all cookies or only third party cookies. By default, most internet browsers accept Cookies but this can be changed. For further details, please consult the help menu in your internet browser or the documentation that came with your device.
You can choose to delete Cookies at any time however you may lose any information that enables you to access Our Site more quickly and efficiently including, but not limited to, login and personalisation settings.
It is recommended that you keep your internet browser and operating system up-to-date and that you consult the help and guidance provided by the developer of your internet browser and manufacturer of your computer or device if you are unsure about adjusting your privacy settings.
N) SUMMARY OF YOUR RIGHTS UNDER GDPR
Under the GDPR, you have:
- the right to request access to, deletion of or correction of, your personal data held by
- the right to complain to a supervisory authority;
- be informed of what data processing is taking place;
- the right to restrict processing;
- the right to data portability;
- object to processing of your personal data; and
- rights with respect to automated decision-making and profiling (see section O below).
O) AUTOMATED DECISION-MAKING AND PROFILING
We do not use personal data for the purposes of automated decision making and profiling.
P) CONTACTING US